Tennessee Jump$tart Personal Financial Education 19th Annual Conference
June 7-9, 2023 – Park Vista Hotel – Gatlinburg, TN
The Premier Personal Finance Conference in Tennessee!
Why Should I Attend?
If you teach personal finance or want to learn more about personal finance concepts and resources, this conference is for you! And, you will be able to:
- Earn $100 stipend for TENNESSEE K-12 educators and/or nonprofit financial educators
- Be part of a community of personal finance education professionals
- Obtain high quality professional development
- Network with others involved in personal financial education
- Have fun while learning
- Gain the credentialing to teach TN high school personal finance course (successfully completing the conference provides the credentialing)
- Obtain new, high quality educational resources and lessons
- Attend great sessions by educators and industry professionals
- Interact with personal finance vendor exhibits
- Participate in fun activities
- Win door prizes and eat fabulous food!
- Meet award winning educators (This could be you! To apply, visit www.jumpstarttn.org and see Teacher of the Year under Activities)
- See beautiful scenery (and you might see a bear!)
Who Can Attend the Conference?
The conference is open to all financial educators and practitioners. Whether you are a teacher or administrator at a public school, private school, home school, or student teacher, or are an outreach specialist at a community organization, non-profit, or business - this conference is for you!
The first 100 TENNESSEE K-12 educators and/or nonprofit financial educators who register and pay will be eligible for a $100 stipend when they successfully complete the conference (attend all sessions). The stipends will be provided at the conclusion of the conference upon successfully attending the entire conference. The stipends are made possible through very generous contributions of Tennessee Jump$tart investors.
Call for Proposals
Call for Proposals: https://forms.gle/JwsHi8sehmqp5DU77
Presentation proposals are being accepted through Friday, March 17.
A conference agenda is available at http://tnj2023conference.eventzilla.net.
On-site conference check-in will begin on Wednesday, June 7 at 9:00 a.m. ET (please note: Gatlinburg is on EASTERN TIME). During this time exhibits will be open, and the exhibitor scavenger hunt (for additional door prizes) can be completed.
The conference sessions will run:
- Wednesday, June 7, from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. ET (lunch & afternoon snack provided)
- Thursday, June 8, from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. ET (deluxe continental breakfast, lunch & afternoon snack provided)
- Friday, June 9, from 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. ET (deluxe continental breakfast provided)
What is the Cost and How Can I Pay?
Registration fees are:
- Early Registration (through May 15): $150
- Registration (through May 31): $175
- On-Site Registration (starting June 7): $200
You can choose to pay either with credit/debit card online or submit a check or money order after you complete the online registration form. Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Tennessee Jump$tart, P.O. Box 190058, Nashville, TN 37219.
Cancellation must be requested by Friday, May 12. After that time, only attendee substitutions may be made. Exceptions will be made for extenuating circumstances or positive COVID test, results required.
Hotel Reservation Details
Conference Hotel: The Park Vista – A DoubleTree by Hilton | Gatlinburg
www.parkvista.com | 800-421-PARK
Group Code: TJS
Rate: $98 (Tuesday-Thursday; limited number for Friday and Saturday nights)
Rates are on a limited basis based on availability and subject to change based on changes to the government per diem rates.
Reservation deadline: Friday, May 12. After this time the room block will be released.
Hotel and travel expenses are the responsibility of the conference participant. Staying at the conference hotel is not required. Participants are responsible for making their own reservations and paying for their own hotel rooms and incidentals.
Hotel Early Departure Fee
In the event that you check out prior to your reserved check out date, an early departure fee of $50 will be charged to your individual account. If you wish to avoid this fee, you must advise the hotel at or before check in.
What credentialing is available?
Professional Development Credit
We have worked diligently to combine the maximum amount of professional development credit hours with time for you to enjoy the sights of Gatlinburg. Certificates for professional development credit hours will be available during the final conference session.
High School Personal Finance Employment Standard
For educators with secondary endorsement, the conference will provide the employment standard to teach the high school personal finance course. If you are attending the conference to receive the employment standard to teach the personal finance course, you must attend all conference sessions.
National Certification in Personal Finance Testing
This is an additional credentialing opportunity to demonstrate your competence as a personal finance educator (not required to teach the course in Tennessee). There are a limited number of spaces available for the national certification test!
The test will be administered on Friday, June 9. You will need your own device (laptop, iPad, etc.) to take the test. You must be registered for the conference to be eligible to take the test.
To register for the certification test, please visit the conference registration page.
What if I Have Questions?
Please contact Tennessee Jump$tart at email@example.com.